Riley Blake Designs Halle Rose Collection Cotton Print Fabric, nine prints of choice, 1/8 yd. each
Cotton batting, 1/2 yd.
Rotary cutter with cutting mat
Circle template, 8" diameter
ruler, scissors, straight pins, sewing machine with thread, iron and pressing surface
1. Prewash all fabrics. Cut twenty-seven 8" circles from linen, twenty-seven 5-1/2" squares from cotton batting, and three 5-1/2" squares from each of nine cotton prints.
2. Align cotton print square atop batting piece; center on linen circle and pin in place. Adjust machine stitch length to 3-1/2. Using walking foot, quilt by sewing diagonally across square from corner to corner, creating "X" in center. Repeat on each until all 27 are quilted.
3. Change machine stitch length to 2-1/2. With backs of circles touching, align square points and sew along edge of square to join. In same manner, add another circle to create row of three. Repeat to create nine rows of three.
4. Match seams of two assembled rows in same manner with circle backs facing. Pin together and sew along edge of squares to join. Repeat to connect all nine row segments.
5. Press all round edges in toward quilted center. Topstitch 1/4" from rounded edges. Distress and fray linen edges using chenille brush.
1. The frayed edges of the fabric become more natural looking with increased use and washing.