- Knit polo shirt
- Recycled cotton shirt (or 1/2 yd. fabric)
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Sewing needle and thread
- 1. Cut piece from fabric same size as collar. Press top and bottom of fabric piece over 1/4" to wrong side. Press fabric sides over 1/2" to wrong side. Run a thin bead of glue along turned edges of fabric and glue to knit collar, leaving 1/2" of collar showing around top and sides (bottom edge of fabric piece should be even with knit collar). Use blind stitch to hand sew edges of fabric piece to knit collar.
- 2. Cut six 1-1/2"-wide fabric strips (length depends upon size and style of polo). Press side and bottom edges of fabric over 1/4" to wrong side. Run thin bead of glue along turned fabric edges and glue strips lengthwise across top of shirt with three strips on both sides of button closure and 1/2" between strips. Strips at center front should be 1" longer than button closure. Strips in middle should be 3" longer than button closure. Strips next to sleeves should be 2" longer than button closure. Trim top edges of strips and fold under so they are even with shoulder seam. Use blind stitch to hand sew fabric strip edges to polo shirt.
- 1. Glue fabric strips to polo as a temporary bond in place of pins.