Pattern - Chevron Floral Table Runner
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Cut flowers and leaves from felt.
- 2. Cut 17"x33" rectangle from chevron fabric. Fold raw edges over 1/2" and then 1/2" again. Press. Machine-sew folded edges around perimeter of rectangle to form runner.
- 3. Using contrasting embroidery thread, blanket stitch around edges on each flower circle using hot pink or pale pink embroidery thread. Lay out flowers and leaves following photo. Layer large flower pieces; baste stitch in center using embroidery thread. Baste stitch flowers to runner. Attach leaves with lime green embroidery thread using running stitch.
- 4. Condition clay in hands until soft and pliable. Roll 1" ball, then work into 1/4"-long snake. Cut twenty 1/8" pieces from snake using craft knife. Roll each piece into round ball. Pierce center of each ball with toothpick creating bead. Position beads on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake beads in oven following manufacturer's instructions; let cool completely.
- 5. Hand-sew seven beads to center of each large yellow flower using hot pink embroidery thread; knot thread ends on back. Hand-sew three beads to center of small yellow flowers. Hand-sew buttons to center of pink flowers.
- 6. Hand-sew lazy daisies around felt flowers using hot pink embroidery thread. To sew lazy daisy stitch, bring needle and thread to front of fabric. (Note: Hold thread down with left thumb toward left side.) Insert needle into fabric at almost same point where thread came out; bring thread up to front of fabric at distance that will become length of single petal. Form loose loop, making sure it's below tip of needle. Pull needle and thread through, gently forming petal. Repeat to form five-petal flowers. Complete French knots in flower centers.