Pattern - Festive Leaf & Berry Pillow
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Cut shapes from felt: five large leaves, four small leaves, and two small half leaves from green; five large leaves, four small leaves, and two small half leaves from chartreuse; three large leaves, five small leaves, and four large half leaves from spring green; and 12 berries from red. Cut green printed fabric in half to make two 14-1/2"x 14-1/2" squares.
- 2. Refer to image and pin leaf pieces together as follows: two green small leaves to two chartreuse large leaves; two green small leaves to two spring green large leaves; three chartreuse small leaves to three green large leaves; one chartreuse small leaf to one spring green large leaf; two spring green small leaves to two green large leaves; three spring green small leaves to three chartreuse large leaves; two green small half leaves to two spring green large half leaves; and two chartreuse small half leaves to two large spring green half leaves. Machine-sew leaf pieces together using 704 Chartreuse-BRT and 906 Parrot Green-MD.
- 3. Refer to placement diagram and image to pin leaf appliques to right side of green printed fabric square. Edges of outer leaf appliques should be 1" from fabric edge; straight edges of half leaf appliques should align with raw edges of fabric. Machine-sew leaf appliques in place with 704 Chartreuse-BRT and 906 Parrot Green-MD.
- 4. Cut five 15" pieces of rickrack. Pin one strip of rickrack over each applique so rickrack bisects each leaf. Use sewing needle threaded with a double strand of 666 Christmas Red-BRT floss to hand-stitch rickrack in place.
- 1. Use two strands of floss and running stitch to hand-sew pieces together and fasten appliques to the pillow. Place stitches 1/8" from edge.