Yo-Yo Angel Ornaments
size: 3-1/2" tall
- FOR EACH:
- Fabrics: cotton: light pink solid; purple/white print; blue/white print; iridescent tulle: pink; blue
- Silver wire, 20-gauge
- White round pearl beads, 4mm, 21
- Black glass opaque seed beads, 10/0, two
- Silver wire-edge ribbon, 3/8”
- Silver pearl cotton
- White acrylic yarn with fibers
- White iridescent pom-pom, 1/2”
- Bright pink acrylic paint and bristle paint brush or pink powdered blush
- Sewing threads: white; black
- Fiberfill stuffing
- 1. For body, cut 5" circle from purple or blue fabric and make yo-yo.
- 2. For head, cut 3" pink fabric circle and make yo-yo, filling firmly with stuffing before knotting threads (flat side is front of head). If needed, add more stuffing through opening in back, using pointed tool. Apply blush or dry brush cheeks. Use black thread to sew black beads (eyes) to face. Glue two 3" yarn lengths across top and sides of head. Trim yarn fibers around face if needed. Sew head to top of body.
- 3. For wings, cut two 4" tulle circles and make yo-yos. Sew wings to top back of body on both sides of head (flat side of yo-yo should face angel front).
- 4. Sew pom-pom to center of body. Tie ribbon bow; trim ends. Sew center of bow to neck.
- 5. For halo, thread 21 pearl beads onto wire length. Twist wire ends together or make loops at ends of wire to join them. Place halo on head and secure at sides with stitching.
- 6. For hanger, thread 10" pearl cotton length on needle. Insert needle in and out through top of head. Remove needle; knot ends.
- How to Make a Yo-Yo
- 1. Using a circle template, compass, small bowl, or tin can, draw circle on wrong side of fabric; cut out.
- 2. Thread needle, and make large knot in the end. Fold fabric edge over 1/8" to wrong side; sew small running stitch around edge. Pull stitches tightly to gather; knot to secure.
- 3. Trim thread ends and tuck inside yo-yo. (Note: Finished yo-yo will be approximately half the size of the fabric circle.)