Easter IV Downloadable Collection vintage images (thevintageworkshop.com)
Coordinating ribbon, 1/4”
Coordinating embroidery floss
Stickles Glitter: Fruit Punch; Diamond
Distress Ink: Old Paper
Multi-Tag Scallop Paper Punch
Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
Eyelet setting tool
Computer and color printer
1. Needle felt wool roving onto egg. Place roving against egg and "punch" into STYROFOAM.
2. Download images from thevintageworkshop.com. Resize images and print onto cardstock. Use medium tag punch to punch out images. (Note: Print a "test" of images onto computer paper, then punch tag shapes to ensure proper size.) Attach eyelets to tags. Use cosmetic-wedge sponge to apply ink to tag edges.
3. Tie small ribbon bows and cut 6" ribbon lengths. Thread ribbon through tag and use corsage pin to attach ribbon ends and bow to top of egg. Spot glue bow to egg.
4. Attach snap through eye hole. Insert 6" wire length through hole above wing and wrap end back around wire to secure. Bend top of wire into hanger loop. Insert 3" wire lengths through hole below wing and wrap ends back around wire to secure. Place pearl beads on wire ends. Bend wire ends into loops to secure. (Note: Instead of ribbon, wrap embroidery floss around egg and use pins to secure ends to top and bottom. Attach bow and hanger in same way.)
Tips for needle felting on STYROFOAM®
1. Needle felting is quick and easy. It requires a special felting needle that has extremely sharp barbs along the needle. The higher the needle number, the finer the needle, which leaves a smaller hole in the design.
2. Place wool roving onto STYROFOAM. When needle is pushed into STYROFOAM, the barbs pull the wool roving locking them together in place. As a result, no glue is needed.