sizes: Boo Pillow, 9"x11"; At the Patch Pillow, 11" square
- Black medium-weight fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Orange buttons, 1”, eight
- White buttons (eyes), 3/8”, two
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss: Orange; Bright Green; White (DMC)
- Fusible Interfacing (featherweight to mid weight), 1/2 yd. (Pellon)
- Soft Touch Poly-fil Supreme Fiberfill (Fairfield)
- Air-soluble pen
- Cutting mat and rotary cutter
- Metal-edge acrylic ruler
- Embroidery hoop
- Iron and pressing board
- Sewing machine
Pattern - Boo Pillow
Pattern - At The Patch Pillow
- 1. For "Boo" pillow, use rotary cutter and cutting mat to cut 9-1/2"x11" interfacing and two black rectangles. For "At the Patch" pillow, cut 11" interfacing square and two black squares. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse interfacing to one pillow side.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns, transfer designs to fused fabric.
- 3. Place fabric in embroidery hoop and use six strands of floss to backstitch the following: pumpkin and "Boo" Orange; "At the Patch" Bright Green; ghost White. Sew eyes to ghost.
- 4. Remove fabric from embroidery hoop and iron, avoiding disappearing ink lines. With right sides together, machine sew pillow front to back, leaving 5" opening at bottom for turning. Turn right side out; stuff. Slip stitch opening closed.
- 5. Use Orange floss to sew orange buttons to pillow corners; knot, leaving 3/4" ends.