Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- White cotton hemstitched placemats, 13”x19-1/2”, two
- Simply Spray Soft Fabric Paints: Blue Jay; Silver Glimmer (Deval Products)
- Silver wire-edged ribbon, 1/8”, 3-1/3 yds.
- Snowflake patterns, six each: 2”; 3”
- Freezer paper (plastic coated on one side)
- Stencil spray adhesive
- Large plastic sheets or trash bags to cover work surface
- Masking tape
- Cardboard, 1-1/2”x4”
- Washing machine and dryer
- 1. Wash and dry placemats without fabric softener. Cover work surface with plastic and paper towels.
- 2. Cut snowflake designs from freezer paper. Apply stencil adhesive to matte side of snowflakes. Adhere snowflakes to placemat as desired, pressing edges down.
- 3. (Note: For a more finished look on back of placemat, tape plastic over back center section.) Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray placemats Blue Jay. Use paper towel to wipe excess paint. Remove plastic from back.
- 4. Cover work surface with clean plastic and paper towels. Spray placemat front outside edges, then lightly spray center Silver Glimmer. Dab excess paint from snowflakes and carefully remove snowflakes. Let dry.
- 5. Cut 67" ribbon length. Weave ribbon through holes as desired, leaving 9" lengths at corner; knot ends. For bow, wrap remaining ribbon lengthwise around cardboard. Slide ribbon off cardboard. Place center of 4" loops over knot. Wrap ribbon ends around loops; knot.