Pattern - Sleep & Relaxation Kit
Pattern - Lavender Linen Spray
Pattern - Fig. 1
- 1. Print and cut out patterns.
- Flannel Tote
- 1. Cut a 17"x20" rectangle from solid and check flannel fabrics, and batting. Baste batting to back of check fabric.
- 2. Fold check rectangle in half with right side facing in, making a 10"x17" rectangle. Sew rectangle along 10" sides 3/8" from edges. Flatten one stitched corner to create a triangular point, aligning side seam with center bottom. Mark a 7" line perpendicular to the seam 3-1/2" from point with pencil (Fig. 1). Stitch along drawn line. Trim triangle at corner 3/8" from stitching. Repeat for remaining corner.
- 3. Follow step 2 for solid flannel rectangle, leaving 5" opening along one side seam 1" from top edge for turning bag right side out.
- 4. For handles, cut two 5"x13" strips from check fabric. Press strips in half lengthwise with right side facing out. Open up strips and press long raw edges in toward center. Fold strips in half again so long raw edges are inside fold. Top stitch 1/8" from folded edges. Baste raw ends of one handle to top of check bag shape on right side 4-1/2" from stitched side seams. Repeat for remaining handle on opposite side of bag.
- 5. Sew flannel bag shapes together with right sides facing in, 3/8" from top edge. Turn bag right side out through opening in side of lining. Hand sew opening in bag closed.
- 6. Wrap ribbon around finished bag 3/4" from top edge and tie bow on right side of front. Tack ribbon to bag at side seams and bow.
- 7. For tag, print "Sleep Kit" on pink card stock; punch 2" circle around words. Punch 1/8" hole in top of tag. Insert craft thread through hole in tag and tie to bow center.
- Tea Cup & Saucer
- 1. Wipe front of cup with white vinegar; let dry. Use graphite paper to transfer three lavender stems to front of cup.
- 2. Paint the following: Stems between buds: Sage Green, highlight right sides Yellow Green. Buds: Lavender and Lavender Pearl. Bow: mix of Victorian Rose with Buttermilk; shade center and bottom edges Victorian Rose; highlight top edges Buttermilk.
- 3. Follow steps 1 and 2 to transfer and paint single lavender stem design on saucer.
- 4. Let paint dry 24 hours. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake items in oven.
- Soothing Eye Pillow
- 1. Cut two eye pillow shapes from Minkee fabric. Sew shapes together with right sides facing, 1/4" from edges, leaving a 2" opening on one side for turning. Clip seam around curves.
- 2. Fill eye pillow with mix of approximately two tablespoons dried lavender and one pound of rice. Hand sew opening closed.
- 3. Place pillow in a plastic bag and store in freezer until ready to use.
- Tea Bag Tags
- 1. Print "Chamomile Tea" on purple cardstock; trim to 2" circles. Punch 1/8" holes in bottom of tags. Cut 8" lengths from white craft thread. Staple one end of thread to top of tea bag and remaining end around hole in tag.
- Lavender Pillow Spray
- 1. Make lavender pillow spray as instructed.
- 2. Cut purple cardstock to fit around straight side of bottle. Wrap and glue card stock around bottle. Wrap and tie ribbon around top of card stock.
- 3. For tag, print "Lavender Pillow Spray" on white cardstock; trim to 2" circle. Punch 1/8" hole in top of tag. Insert craft thread through ribbon tie and hole in tag, and knot ends.