Pattern - Star Pattern
Pattern - Primitive Kitty
- 1. Use machine zigzag stitch close to fabric edges unless otherwise noted.
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut two cats, front and back, from black felt; cut slit in back only. Stacking two pink buttons on top of two green, hand sew buttons to front where indicated for eyes. Sew yellow rickrack to front where indicated for mouth.
- 2. With wrong sides facing, sew cat front and back together. Fill cat with stuffing through slit; hand sew opening closed.
- 3. Cut two 1-1/4"x10-1/4" strips from green leopard felt; overlap two short ends 1/2" and sew together with straight stitch, forming 20" strip. Trim bottom long edge with pinking shears. Hand sew basting stitch along top edge, leaving thread ends long. Pull thread ends tight to gather; wrap around kitty's neck with opening at center front and knot threads. Tie orange ribbon bow and sew to center front of collar, sewing through body and collar.
- 1. Cut pocket from purple felt, small star from yellow felt, and large star from green felt. Stack and pin stars to center of pocket as shown. Sew around stars and across top edge of pocket.
- 2. Using photo as guide, pin pocket to one orange felt sheet for bag front. Bottom pocket edge should be 1" from bottom bag edge; top pocket corners should be 1" from bag sides. Pocket does not lay flat to allow room for kitty. Sew pocket to bag along side and bottom edges. Hand sew pink buttons to top corners of pocket.
- 3. Cut one 2-1/2"x9" and two 2-1/2"x12" strips from green felt for bag sides and bottom. With wrong sides of fabric facing, sew 12" green strips to short ends of 9" green strip, leaving 1/4" open at each end of stitching to make assembly easier.
- 4. Sew bag front to joined green strips. Sew remaining orange felt sheet to green strips for bag back. Sew around top of bag.
- 5. Tie ends of one shoelace into same-size bows. Hand sew green buttons to bow centers then stitch through bag front 2" from sides. Hand sew ends of remaining shoelace to bag back, checking length against first handle.