Pattern - Painted Fabric Star Ornaments
- 1. Use pinking shears to cut six circles from canvas. Print and cut out pattern. Cut six stars from freezer paper. Spray matte side of stars with adhesive, and press to center of each circle.
- 2. Holding can 12" above circle, spray Brite Orange. Quick tip: When spraying, always begin spraying on paper towels then spray across fabric and continue spraying off onto paper towels. Use paper towel to dab excess paint from paper star and carefully remove from circle. Lightly spray entire circle with Silver Glimmer; let dry. Repeat for remaining circles, using different color for each.
- 3. For each ornament, from 21" ribbon length, cut one 6" length for hanger and five 3" lengths. From 18" ribbon length, cut six 3" lengths. From 36" ribbon length, cut twelve 3" lengths. Fold all ribbon lengths in half with wrong sides facing; crease with finger.
- 4. With wrong sides facing, pair up circles. Starting at top, place hanger ribbon ends between circles and sew in place, 1/4" from circle edge. Continue in same way, alternating ribbon loops, until 2" from starting point. Leaving needle in down position, use eraser end of pencil to gently push fiberfill stuffing into opening. Continue sewing ribbon loops until circle is complete. Use stitch length 0 to sew a few stitches to secure. Repeat for remaining two ornaments.
- 1. Before beginning, cover work surface with plastic sheet or garbage bags, then with layer of paper towels.