- Cotton fabrics: medium-weight linen, 3/8” yd.; lightweight print, 1/4 yd.; coordinating lightweight solid (lining), 3/8 yd.
- Clear vinyl, 1/4 yd.
- Coordinating piping, 1-1/2 yds.
- Coordinating satin ribbon, 5/8”, 9” length; 1/4”, 18” lengths, two
- Crystal button, 3/4”
- Snap, 5/8”
- Warm & White needled cotton batting (The Warm Co.)
- Sewing machine and matching threads
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Cut 4-1/2"x9" rectangle from lining fabric and 4-1/2"x13" rectangle from print fabric. Sew basting stitch close to long edges of print rectangle. Pull basting stitches to gather. Pin print rectangle on top of lining rectangle with right side facing out, adjusting gathers to fit length of lining rectangle. Baste close to edges of rectangles to join them.
- 2. Cut 9"x10" rectangle from medium weight fabric. Sew 9" edges of medium weight and gathered print rectangles together to make a 9"x13-3/4" rectangle for front of jewelry roll. Sew 5/8" ribbon across gathered rectangle 1" from bottom and close to finished edges.
- 3. Sew piping around front of jewelry roll rectangle 3/8" from edges, beginning and ending in a corner.
- 4. Cut a 9"x13-3/4" rectangle from lining fabric for inside of jewelry roll. Cut a 4-1/2"x9" rectangle from vinyl. Sew 1/8" from one long side of vinyl for top of vinyl pockets. Tape vinyl rectangle to bottom of lining. Sew 3" in from side edges of vinyl to separate pockets. Quick Tip: For easier sewing, cut a 4-1/2"x9" rectangle from paper and tape to top of vinyl before stitching. After stitching on vinyl, tear away paper along stitching.
- 5. Sew center of 1/4"-wide ribbon lengths to lining 4" up from pocket stitching.
- 6. Sew front and lining rectangles together along piping stitching, with right sides facing, leaving a 4" opening on one side above vinyl. (Note: Print fabric and vinyl rectangles should be at opposite ends.) Trim seam at corners. Turn right side out through opening in side. Hand sew opening closed.
- 7. Sew across jewelry roll at edge of gathered rectangle, going through all layers.
- 8. Fold vinyl pockets in towards lining. Fold gathered top over pocket section. Sew button to center of ribbon on gathered rectangle. Sew snap pieces under button and to front side of pocket section. (Note: Do not sew through to inside of pockets.)
- 9. Place jewelry in pockets. Insert ribbon lengths through jewelry and tie bows to secure.