Pattern - Holly Leaf and Poinsettia Candlelight Jars
- 1. Print and cut out patterns.
Holly Candlelight Jar
- 1. Cut a rectangle from burlap that will fit around side of jar. Machine sew zigzag stitch around edges of burlap to prevent threads from fraying.
- 2. Punch hole 1/2" from each burlap corner; attach eyelets.
- 3. Cut four holly leaves from green felt. Arrange leaves on burlap rectangle with bottom points of leaves touching at center. Put a tiny dab of glue under each leaf to secure them until they are stitched.
- 4. Use one strand of perle cotton to sew a running stitch vertically through center of each leaf, knotting thread ends on back side.
- 5. Use perle cotton to sew three red buttons overlapping to center of leaves.
- 6. Wrap burlap rectangle around jar. Put dab of glue under side edges to prevent burlap from slipping off jar. Insert jute cord pieces through eyelets and tie bows.
Poinsettia Candlelight Jar
- 1. Follow same basic instructions as holly candlelight, cutting six poinsettia leaves from red felt and sewing three yellow buttons to center of leaves.