Pattern - Fabric Elf Ornament
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Draw patterns on wrong side of selected fabrics, fold fabric in half with right sides facing and pattern on top, and stitch on lines, leaving open as indicated. Use one green print for body and other for legs and hat; use muslin for head. Cut out 1/8" from seams. Clip curves and apply no-fray solution to edges of openings. When dry, turn each piece right side out.
- 2. Stuff head firmly with fiberfill. Sew line between ears and head with matching thread. Transfer face onto one side of head with air-soluble pen. Use one strand black floss to backstitch nose and sew beads to eye dots. Use one strand red floss to backstitch smile and add two lazy daisy stitches at each end as shown. (Note: Make beginning and ending knots at neck or top of head so they will be covered later.) Apply blush to cheeks.
- 3. Stuff body and legs. Insert top 1/4" of legs into bottom opening of body and hand sew opening closed, catching legs in stitches. Insert bottom of head into top body opening and sew closed in same way.
- 4. Stuff top of hat and slip over head; secure with dots of glue.
- 5. For collar, cut ribbon into eight 2-3/4" lengths. Find midpoint on one piece and fold ends down to form point. Hand sew gathering stitches along straight ends; pick up another ribbon, fold to form point, and continue gathering ends together until all eight pieces are attached. Fit collar around neck and pull thread to fit; sew ends together in back and adjust gathers evenly. Glue gold lace trim over gathers, overlapping ends in back.
- 6. Sew jingle bell to tip of each foot and tip of hat. Glue a section of green trim around hat, covering raw edge. Glue remaining green trim around body and glue gold star button to center front. Take a small stitch with gold cord at back of hat and tie ends in knot for hanger.