Pattern - Dad's Barbecue Set
Pattern - Fig. 1
- 1. Wash and press fabrics before beginning project.
- 1. For apron, cut a 29"x33" rectangle from black fabric. Use Fig. 1 as guide to cut top corners of apron.
- 2. For pocket, cut a 13"x32" rectangle from black fabric. Make a mark along bottom edge of pocket rectangle at center and 6" from both sides of center. Make a 1" tuck at each of the marks. (Note: When pocket is assembled, the tucks will be at the bottom of each of the three center pockets.) Sew bias tape across top of pocket to finish edge. Draw vertical lines on apron 7" in from sides and centered between tucks with pencil. (Note: Pencil lines indicate top stitching on pockets.)
- 3. Pin pocket across bottom of apron with side and bottom edges even. Baste close to bottom and side edges. Mark apron at top of pocket 7" in from side and 5" in from first marks. (Note: Marks indicate beginning of top stitching on pockets.) Top stitch pocket to apron along drawn pencil lines to separate pockets.
- 4. Sew bias tape around outside of apron to finish edges.
- 5. Cut 28" ribbon length; fold ends under 1". Sew washers to folded ends of ribbon at top sides of apron. (Note: Sew four stitches symmetrically around each washer.) Cut two 38" ribbon lengths. Fold one end of each ribbon length under 1". Sew washers to folded ends of ribbon at top of straight sides on apron.
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Cut two mitts from black fabric and three mitts from batting. Cut 4"x8" strip from red fabric.
- 2. Use black ink to stamp "DAD" in center of red strip. Press long edges of red strip over 3/8" to wrong side. Pin red strip across front of mitt on top side. (Note: Bottom of strip should be 1-1/2" up from bottom of mitt.) Sew close to pressed edges.
- 3. Baste batting shapes to back of black mitts, placing extra shape on back of bottom side.
- 4. Sew bias tape across bottom of black mitt shapes to finish edges.
- 5. Sew black mitt shapes together 3/8" from edges, with right sides facing, leaving bottom edge open. (Note: Sew along dotted line around thumb.) Clip seam around thumb. Turn mitt right side out.
- 6. Cut 8" ribbon length; fold in half. Fold ends under 1". Sew washer to folded end of ribbon at bottom side of mitt the same as apron.