Pattern - Chicks in a Nest Centerpiece
- 1. For heads, flatten one side of each ball. Insert toothpick between wide end of each egg and flat side of each ball, and spot glue to secure.
- 2. Cover one chick head/body with Pink Lemonade wool. Needle felt ends at bottom, body and head. Repeat for French Lilac and Spearmint chicks.
- 3. Print and cut out pattern. Use pattern as guide to place 1/3 larger pieces of pink wool into rough shape of wing. Needle felt wing on pad, continuously flipping piece. Repeat for remaining wing. Repeat for French Lilac and Spearmint chicks.
- 4. For chests, pull small amount of natural wool and needle felt 2" circles on front of chicks.
- 5. For eyes, thread needle and insert through back of head, leaving 3" tail. Bring needle to front of head and insert eye bead. Take needle through to back and repeat for remaining eye, leaving 1/4" space between eyes. Pull threads at back to indent eyes into foam; knot and clip thread. Needle felt tiny piece of matching wool to cover threads. Repeat for remaining chicks.
- 6. Place peasized yellow wool between eyes. Needle felt edges into oval beak shape. Needle felt center for open bead. Repeat for remaining chicks.
- 7. Glue wings to chicks.
- 8. For legs, apply glue to wire ends; insert into body. Repeat for remaining chicks.
- 9. Arrange chicks in basket.