Burlap Ribbon Wreath
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
size: 20" diameter
Burlap Ribbon Wreath
- FloraCraft Design It: SimpleStyle: Wired Natural Burlap Ribbon, 2-1/2”-wide, 21 yds.; Pink Butterfly Pick
- FloraCraft Design It: project featuring Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Green Silk & Naturals Wreath, 16” diameter
- Floral pins, approx. 100
- Burlap ribbon, 7/8”-wide, 2 yds. each: yellow, orange, pink
- Paper flowers, 9” diameter: yellow, orange
- FloraCraft Design It: Floral Shears
- Glue gun and sticks
- 1. Use ruler and floral shears to measure and cut following lengths of wired burlap ribbon: forty 6", twenty-five 8", and thirty 10". (Note: Keep lengths separated into three piles.)
- 2. With foam wreath flat on table, plan to use 6" lengths around outside and inside edges. Plan to use 8" and 10" lengths to fill in top surface (front) of wreath. To make loops from lengths, start with one 6" length. Fold in half (without creasing), bringing together two raw ends. Pinch ends together while folding with fingers, creating gathers at base of loop. Insert one end of floral pin through gathers. See Photo 1. Insert both ends of floral pin into outside edge of wreath so pin secures folds. See Photo 2.
- 3. Repeat making loops from 6" lengths, inserting into outside edge of wreath, side-by-side, around wreath. (Note: Pins will be about 2" apart from each other so ends of loops just touch.) With remaining 6" lengths, make loops and insert into inside edge of wreath. (Note: Spacing between pins may be farther apart due to loops touching one other.)
- 4. Use same folding process using 10" lengths to make loops to insert on front of wreath. Make sure loops angle in all directions. Use 8" lengths to fill in areas between 10" lengths on surface. Adjust loops as needed by removing pin and re-inserting.
- 5. Position flowers in lower right corner; hot glue to loops to secure. Hot glue butterfly onto flower.
- 6. Cut each colored ribbon into eight 9" lengths. Find center of ribbon and weave one side of floral pin through ribbon; insert into wreath randomly.
- 7. For hanger, separate curved ends of paper clip. On back of wreath, insert rounded end into wreath, creating hanger loop with longer end.