Light to medium weight floral cotton fabric, 5/8 yd.
Muslin, 3/8 yd.
Satin roping piping, 1-5/8 yd.
FOUR PATCH BISCUIT PILLOW:
Light to medium weight floral cotton fabric, 3/4 yd.
Muslin, 1/4 yd.
Coordinating satin ribbon, 1-1/2”, 3-1/2 yds.
FOR BOTH PILLOWS:
Sewing machine and matching threads
Iron and pressing board
Nine Patch Biscuit Pillow
1. Cut nine 6" squares from flower fabric and nine 5-1/4" squares from muslin.
2. Follow "Making a Biscuit" instructions to assemble nine biscuits.
3. Sew biscuits together with right sides facing, 1/4" from edges, three across and three down, forming a square for pillow front.
4. Sew piping 3/8" from edge of pillow front, beginning and ending piping in a corner.
5. Cut 14-3/4" square from flower fabric for pillow back. Sew back to front with right sides facing along piping stitching, leaving 12" opening on one side for turning. Turn right side out through opening. Insert pillow form. Hand sew opening closed.
Four Patch Biscuit Pillow
1. Cut four 8-1/4" squares from flower fabric and four 7-1/2" squares from muslin.
2. Follow "Making a Biscuit" instructions to assemble four biscuits.
3. Sew biscuits together with right sides facing, 1/4" from edges, two across and two down, forming a square for pillow front.
4. For ruffle, cut 5-1/2"x85" strip from flower fabric. Place ribbon along one lone edge of fabric strip with edges even and stitch close to edge of ribbon along raw edge. Sew short sides of fabric strip together with right sides together, 1/4" from edges, to make a tube. Press tube in half lengthwise with right side of fabric facing out. Sew basting stitch close to raw edges of fabric strip. Pull basting stitches to gather and sew ruffle around pillow front, 1/4" from edges, adjusting gathers evenly.
5. Cut a 14-1/2" square from flower fabric for pillow back. Sew back to front along ruffle stitching with right sides facing, leaving 12" opening on one side for turning. Turn right side out through opening. Insert pillow form. Hand s6
6. Tie remaining ribbon length into bow and hand sew to pillow front.
1. Divide ruffle into four equal sections, using pins. Sew basting stitches between pins, starting and stopping threads at each pin, leaving thread ends long. Pin ruffle to pillow front, placing pins at corners. Gather stitches between pins and sew ruffle to each side of pillow front.
Making a Biscuit
1. With wrong sides facing, pin fabric square (any size) to muslin square (3/4" smaller than top square) at corners. On three sides of square fold extra fabric flat into a right-to-left pleat and pin to muslin (Fig. 1). Baste close to pinned edges. Insert fiberfill stuffing through open side, but not too full. Pleat fourth side and baste close to edges in same way as before.