Baby Sock Ornaments
size: 4" tall
- White baby socks, three
- Ribbon: grosgrain: green, 7/8”; red, 5/8”; satin: red dot, 3/8”; lime green, 3/8”; sheer lime green dot, 1/2”
- Red medium rickrack
- Silver jingle bells, 3/4”, three
- Embroidery floss, one skein each: bright green; medium green, lime green
- Needles: embroidery; sewing
- White sewing thread
- Polyester stuffing
- Tulip Glitter Spray: Crystallina (Duncan)
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue (Duncan)
- 1. Use three strands floss for all embroidery. Dab small amount of glue under ribbon to temporarily attach ribbon to socks before embroidering.
- 1. Lightly fill stock with stuffing. Spray sock with Glitter Spray; let dry.
- Lime Green & Red Ribbon Ornament
- 1. Glue four pieces of green satin ribbon symmetrically around sock toe, gluing ends inside top. Use bright green floss to feather stitch though ribbon center.
- 2. Glue red grosgrain ribbon around sock top, turning raw edges under at center back. Use lime green floss to single feather stitch along edges of red ribbon.
- Bright Green & Red Dot Ribbon Ornament
- 1. Glue green grosgrain ribbon around sock toe, gluing ends inside top. Glue red dot ribbon across center of green ribbon, gluing ends inside top. Use lime green floss to stem stitch along edges of red dot ribbon.
- 2. Glue green and red ribbon around sock top; embroider same way as in Step 1, turning raw edges under at center.
- Red Rickrack Ornament
- 1. Glue rickrack symmetrically around sock in one continuous piece, beginning at top edge and ending at toe. Use medium green floss to blanket stitch over rickrack, so stitches are placed between indentations.
- 1. For hanger, fold 8" green dot ribbon length in half; sew raw ends to center top back of sock.
- 2. Tie green dot ribbon bow; sew over hanger ends. Sew jingle bell to bow center.
- 3. Use invisible stitch to sew top edges of sock together.