- Cotton fabrics: black/white print, 1-1/4 yds.; white solid, 3/8 yd.; red/white dot, 3/8 yd.
- Grosgrain ribbon: white/black dot, 3/4”, 1 yd.; white, 1”, 1-1/2 yds.
- White flat eyelet lace, 2”-wide, 63” length
- Black buttons, 3/4”, three
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Straight pins
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. For bib front and lining, cut 13" (wide) x 12" tall rectangle from black/ white print and solid fabrics. For skirt, cut 19"x41" rectangle from black/white fabric. For waistband, cut two 3-1/4"x22" rectangles from red/white fabric. For neck strap, cut two 2-1/4"x23" rectangles. For pocket, cut two 8" (wide) x 9" (tall) rectangles.
- 2. To make bib more fitted, make 1/2" tucks, 1-3/4" in from top sides of bib front and lining. Baste over tucks. Sew bib rectangles together along side and top edges. Trim seam at corners. Turn bib right side out. Sew raw edge of bib to long side of one waistband rectangle, centering it from side to side.
- 3. Turn side and bottom edges of skirt rectangle over 3/8" toward wrong side. Fold edges over 3/8" again. Sew close to turned edges.
- 4. Sew a basting stitch close to raw edge of lace. Pull one basting thread to gather lace. Baste lace around side and bottom edges of one pocket, leaving 1/4" at top of sides for seam, turning ends of lace over 1/4" to wrong side. Sew pocket rectangles together, leaving 3" opening at bottom for turning. Trim seam at corners. Turn pocket right side out. Hand sew opening closed. Sew pocket to skirt along side and bottom edges. (Note: Pocket edges should be 4" down from top edge and 10" in from left side edge of skirt.)
- 5. Sew a basting stitch 1/4" from top raw edge of skirt. Pull one basting thread to gather until length of top edge is 21-1/4". Sew 26" white ribbon lengths to ends of waistband for ties, Sew waistband rectangles together, leaving gathered edge of skirt open. Trim seam at corners. Turn waistband right side out. Turn raw edge of waistband under 3/8" and hand sew to stitching along gathered edge.
- 6. Sew neck strap rectangles together, leaving 3" opening on one side for turning. Trim seam at corners. Turn strap right side out and hand sew opening closed. Make a tuck 1-1/4" from strap ends. Sew button to center of bow and strap at top right side of bib.
- 7. Tie dot ribbon bow. Sew button to bow at center top of pocket.
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, using 3/8" seam allowance, pinning and pressing as needed.