Pattern - Needle-felted Snowman Ornament
- 1. Wash and dry metal juice can lid. Spray paint Gilded Brass; let dry.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Cut 2-1/2" circle from lt. blue felt. Place felt circle on needle felting mat. Pull off small piece of white wool roving. Twist strands slightly so edges are smooth, loop into oval the same size as snowman's head and place on felt circle on mat, following pattern. Fill circle with additional wool roving as needed and punch with needle tool until shape lies flat.
- 3. In same way as Step 2, continue felting body and snow dots white, nose orange, and scarf turquoise.
- 4. Glue felted snowman design inside can lid. Use pinking shears to cut 3-1/2" circle from lt. yellow felt. Glue lid to center of lt. yellow circle. Use three strands of yellow floss to feather stitch around lid edges.
- 5. Cut four 3" lengths from six-strand turquoise floss. Tie strands together in center. Fold in half at knot and glue to left side of snowman's scarf.
- 6. For hanger, thread needle with 10" six-strand yellow floss. Insert needle through center top of ornament; remove needle and knot ends. For drop, thread needle with six strands of yellow floss again. Insert needle through bottom of ornament, knotting end in back. Knot floss 1" from edge of lid. Insert needle through bead center; knot at bottom of bead. Trim floss 1/2" from bead.
- 7. For backing, use pinking shears to cut 3-1/4" circle from lt. blue felt; glue to back.