Pattern - Needle-felted Cookie Baskets
Pattern - Grandma's Oatmeal Cookies
- 1. Paint pots Country Red, Olde Gold, and Hauser Medium Green; let dry. Dry brush edges Glorious Gold.
- 2. Cut 2-1/2"x4" rectangles from each grey wool felt. Print and cut out patterns. Transfer designs to felt rectangles.
- 3. To needle felt star, pull off small piece of orange wool roving. Twist strands slightly so edges are smooth, and place on center of felt rectangle, forming small star shape. Punching with needle tool until shape lies flat. Continue adding wool roving to fill in small star shape.
- 4. On second felt rectangle, needle felt small heart with purple wool roving and outline around heart shape with red wool roving. On third felt rectangle, needle felt small tree with lt. green wool roving and outline around tree shape with dk. green wool roving.
- 5. Use one strand pearl cotton to blanket stitch around felt rectangles.
- 6. Sew buttons to sides of felt rectangles at center, sewing jute pieces to back of buttons and felt. Glue felt rectangles to peat pots. Wrap jute pieces around side of container and tie bow.
- 7. For tags, use computer to print recipe name on white card stock; cut into tag shape. Punch 3/16" holes in tags and 1/16" holes in top sides of pots for handles. Attach eyelets to tags. Thread black pearl cotton through holes in tags and pots; tie bows. Wrap ribbon around bag of cookies; tie bow. Place bag inside pot.