Pattern - Gingerbreat Tote w/M&M Banana Bread
Pattern - Low Fat M&M's Banana Bread
- 1. Cut two 11"x16" rectangles from bright green fabric for front, bottom, and back of tote. Cut one 11"x16" rectangle from batting. Baste batting rectangle to back of one fabric rectangle. Sew fabric rectangles together, 3/8" from edges, leaving 5" open on one side. Trim seam at corners; turn right side out. Hand sew opening closed.
- 2. Cut four 5"x7" rectangles from bright green fabric for tote sides. Cut two 5"x7" rectangles from batting. Assemble sides of tote in same way as in Step 1.
- 3. For pocket, cut two 3-3/4"x8-3/4" rectangles from lime fabric. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse iron-on adhesive to wrong side of brown fabric. Print and cut out patterns. Cut gingerbread from fused fabric. Remove backing. Fuse gingerbread to left front side of one pocket rectangle, aligning bottom edges of gingerbread and rectangle. Glue baby rickrack to arms. Use black pearl cotton to sew running stitches around man, 1/8" from edges (except bottom), and beads to eyes, mouth, and chest dots. Tie check ribbon into bow; sew to neck. Transfer lettering; use black pearl cotton and back stitch to embroider. Sew pocket rectangles together, 3/8" from edges, leaving 3" opening on one side for turning. Trim seam at corners and turn pocket right side out. Hand sew opening closed.
- 4. Glue jumbo rickrack across bottom of pocket on wrong side. Pin pocket to front/back/bottom rectangle, centering it from side to side. (Note: Top of pocket should be 1/2" from top edge of front side.) Use black pearl cotton to sew running stitches around sides and bottom of pocket, 1/8" from edges, going through all layers.
- 5. Use white pearl cotton to blanket stitch over edges of side rectangles and front/back/bottom rectangles to join them together.
- 6. For handles, turn ends of lime ribbon under 1/2". Pin turned ribbon ends to top of front and back of bag, 2" in from sides (raw edges of ribbon should be facing fabric so they are not visible). Use white pearl cotton to sew two buttons to tote at placement of each ribbon handle to attach them to bag.
- 7. Place M&M's Banana Bread in tote. Use computer to print or handwrite recipe on pink cardstock tag. Thread baby rickrack through tag hole; tie bow. Place tag inside pocket.
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, using 3/8" seam allowance, pinning and pressing fabric as needed. Use one strand pearl cotton for all embroidery and running stitches.