Acorn & Leaf Pillows
sizes: leaves, 12"x16"; acorn, 16"x18"
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Old Gold, 1/2 yd.; Light Brown, 1/2 yd.; Beige, 1/4 yd.
- Kreinik Metallics Balger Cord: Gold (002C), Nickel (011C)
- Fairfeld Processing Nature-Fil Blended Fiberfill
- Sewing machine with channeling foot and coordinating threads
- scissors, straight pins, sewing needle
Pattern - Acorn & Leaf Pillows
- 1. Print out full-size patterns.
- 2. Cut two of each leaf pattern from Old Gold felt.
- 3. Following pattern design, machine-sew vein lines on each front leaf with Gold cord using channeling foot.
- 4. Pin each set of leaves with wrong sides together, matching edges. With 1/4" seam allowance, machine-sew around outside edge, leaving 5" opening along bottom. Set aside.
- 5. Cut two acorns from Light Brown and one cap from Beige felt.
- 6. Pin cap to acorn front. Following pattern design, machine-sew crosshatch pattern on cap with Nickel cord using channeling foot.
- 7. Pin acorns with wrong sides together, matching edges. With 1/4" seam allowance, machine-sew around outside edge, leaving 5" opening along bottom.
- 8. Stuff all pillows with fiberfill; machine- or hand-sew openings closed.