Pattern - Woodland Fox Pillow
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Trace and cut patterns from felt as follows: four ears and two tail pieces from Mustard Seed; eye patch and two inner ear pieces from Smokey Marble; chest, head patch, tip of tail, and two eye pieces from White; nose, two pupils, stripe on tail, and two ear accent pieces from Dark Brown.
- 2. Spray baste chest, eye patch, and then head patch onto one body piece. Blanket stitch around eye patch using ivory floss and inside curved edges only of chest and head patch using dark brown floss. (Note: The outer edges will be stitched later.)
- 3. Referring to placement diagram, spray baste nose, eyes, and pupils to body front. Using running stitch, stitch around nose with ivory floss and eyes and pupils with dark brown floss. Sew buttons in center of pupils.
- 4. Spray baste inner ear and accent pieces onto two ear pieces. With ivory floss, blanket stitch outer edges of pieces and stitch inner edge of accent piece using running stitch. Pin ear fronts on ear backs with wrong sides together. Blanket stitch around ear edges using dark brown floss; leave bottom edge open. Stuff with fiberfill; stitch bottom closed.
- 5. Spray baste tip and then stripe onto tail piece. With ivory floss, blanket stitch inner edges of stripe in place. Pin tail front on tail back with wrong sides together. Blanket stitch around tail edge using dark brown floss; leave bottom edge open. Stuff with fiberfill; stitch bottom closed.
- 6. Pin body front to body back with wrong sides together and edges aligned, sandwiching ears and tail between pieces as shown. (Note: The straight edge of the tail should be aligned with bottom left side of pillow.)
- 7. Beginning at bottom right, use dark brown floss to blanket stitch around pillow, securing tail and ears in place. Leave opening at bottom to stuff pillow.
- 8. Place fiberfill inside pillow; use dark brown floss to blanket stitch pillow closed.