- Vintage embroidered tablecloth
- Coordinating cotton fabric, 1 yd.
- Pellon Shirtailor Fusible 950F
- Sewing machine and cream thread
- Acrylic ruler, rotary cutter and mat
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Use rotary cutter, ruler and mat to cut tablecloth in half.
- 2. Machine gather top raw edge of tablecloth to desired size, fitting waist measurement.
- 3. For waistband and ties, cut 5"x70" strip from cotton fabric. (Note: Two 35" strips are needed if using 1 yd. of fabric. Machine sew strips together creating one long strip, pressing seams open.)
- 4. Cut 4-1/2"x70" strips from interfacing. Fuse interfacing onto wrong side of waistband.
- 5. With wrong sides together, fold fused fabric in half. Fold each raw edge under 1/4"; press.
- 6. Center gathered edge of tablecloth so it is sandwiched halfway between folded edges of waistband; pin.
- 7. Fold waistband ends under; press and pin in place.
- 8. Starting at one end, topstitch entire waistband.