published by Search Press, © 2014
- United Notions Moda Fabrics Jelly Roll Precut Fabric Strips, 2-1/2”, style of choice
- Lining fabric, 2-1/2”x8-1/2” strips, four
- Sewing machine with matching thread
- Sewing needle
- Rotary cutter and self-healing mat
- Fabric pen
- scissors, iron and pressing surface, straight pins, ruler
- 1. Cut sixteen 2-1/2"x2-1/2" squares from fabric strips using rotary cutter. Line four squares up; sew together in a row. Repeat to make four rows. Press seams open.
- 2. Lay strips out as shown in Figure 1. Sew four central squares together to form base, stopping 1/4" from fabric edge.
- 3. Sew edge of each strip to next one. Stop stitching 1/4" from end of each seam. Press seams open; stand pot up.
- 4. Repeat Step 2 with lining strips. Make little snips in seams at points where sides fold up from base. Repeat Step 3 with lining strips, leaving 2" gap in one seam for turning.
- 5. Place lining in pot with right sides facing. Match up four snips and pin.
- 6. Sew lining to pot individually at these four points.
- 7. Trim away excess fabric at tops of points; turn right side out.
- 8. Sew opening closed. Turn down top of pot to form rim. Poke bottom corners out to create square base.