- Natural burlap, 1 yd.
- Pillow form, 16” square
- Small buttons, in coordinating colors, three
- Ribbon, 1/4”-wide, 24” length
- Die-cutting machine or craft knife
- Sewing machine with brown thread
- Krylon ColorMaster Enamel Spray Paint: Gloss Watermelon (53533), Citrus Green (53570)
- fabric scissors, freezer paper with plastic coating, iron and pressing surface, masking tape, pins and needle, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. With die-cutting machine or craft knife, cut letters 4"-6" tall spelling "Relax" from freezer paper.
- 2. Cut 22"x11" burlap panel. Position letters on center of burlap; press into place. On covered work surface, spray paint burlap Watermelon; let dry. Carefully remove letters.
- 3. Cut two 22"x2" burlap strips. Spray strips Citrus Green; let dry. Fold strips in half to measure 1"-wide.
- 4. Cut two 22"x7" burlap panels. Align long edge of one panel with raw edges of one green strip and long edge of pink panel. Pin in place. Machine-sew edges together using 1/2" seam allowance. Repeat on other side of pink panel. Press in place with green strips folded toward pink section. Topstitch on natural color burlap.
- 5. Cut two 22"x14" panels. Fold long edge up 1/2" on one panel; topstitch into place. Repeat with second panel. Lay panels together with stitched edges overlapping to form 22" square. Pin in place.
- 6. Lay pieced panel on overlapping panel with right sides together. Machine-sew around outside edge of pillow using 1/2" seam allowance. Turn pillow right side out. Press edges and corners.
- 7. Topstitch through all layers around outside edge, inset 1/2" and again at 2" from edge.
- 8. Hand-sew buttons on front of pillow using needle and thread. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 9. Cut ribbon into two 12" lengths. Machine-sew each ribbon length to center of each side of cover opening on pillow back.
- 10. Insert pillow into cover; tie ribbons to secure.
- 1. Don't have buttons in the right shades? Spray paint buttons with leftover paint for a perfect match! Just paint and let dry completely.