Pattern - Quilted Angel Pillow
- 1. From one of the neutral solids, cut a 6-1/2"x12-1/2" rectangle for left section of pillow. From remaining neutral solid, cut a 7-1/2"x10-1/2" rectangle for top right section of pillow. From blue print, cut a 5-1/2"x10-1/2" rectangle for bottom right section of pillow.
- 2. Sew top right rectangle to bottom right rectangle Sew left rectangle to right rectangles. Quilt piecing for pillow top is complete.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse adhesive to backs of scrap fabrics and cut out the following shapes: star circle from yellow; star and horn from gold; tree from green; tree trunk from brown; holly leaves from green; angel's dress from blue; sleeve from pink; wings from white; head, hand, and feet from flesh. Adhere tree shapes to left section, angel shapes to top right section and holly shapes to bottom right section of pillow top, following patterns. (Note: When placing appliqué pieces in sections, allow 1/4" seam allowance around outside edges.)
- 4. Use brown floss to stem stitch around shapes close to edges, and on "Rejoice" and holly details. Use brown floss to make French knots on "j" and "I" dots, wrapping floss around needle three times for each knot. Use gold floss to feather stitch halo and around star circle.
- 5. Use brown floss to sew neutral buttons to tree, pink buttons to holly, and white button to "Rejoice", following patterns.
- 6. Sew piping 1/4" from front edge of pillow top, beginning and ending in a bottom corner, clipping piping seam while working around. Cut a 12-1/2"x16-1/2" rectangle from backing fabric. Sew pillow top to back, leaving 11" open on one side. Trim corners of seam allowance. Turn pillow right side out. Insert pillow form; hand sew opening closed.