Crocheted & Paper Hearts Set
sizes: wreath, 12"; card, 5-1/2"x8"; tag, 2-1/2"x3-1/2"
- Heart-shaped wreath, 12” diameter
- Crochet circles, nine assorted: hemlock, freesia, cayenne
- Fabric scraps: hemlock, freesia, cayenne
- Papers: cayenne floral, pale hemlock striped, cayenne striped
- White cardstock
- Pale freesia paper doily
- Beads: large pearls, two; freesia miracle, one each, 6mm, 8mm
- Lucite flowers, in assorted colors
- Buttons, in assorted sizes and colors
- Pale hemlock ribbon
- Pale cayenne satin bow
- Cayenne embroidery floss
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and Dies: Flower Layers & Leaves, Fern & Ivory, Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals, Framelits & Stamps
- Inks: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Vintage Photo, yellow
- Black ink pad and “for you” stamp
- Corner round punch
- DecoArt Americana: White Wash Acrylic Paint, Duraclear Matte Varnish
- Adhesives: hot glue gun and sticks, glue dots, double-sided tape, tacky glue
- needle, thread, scissors, sandpaper, flat paintbrush, soft cloth, hole punch, sponge scrap, paper trimmer, black marker
- Heart Wreath
- 1. On covered work surface, paint wreath White Wash until opaque. Let dry. Lightly sand for distressed appearance and wipe with soft cloth. Apply two coats of varnish. Let dry.
- 2. Die cut four large flowers from hemlock, cayenne, and freesia fabric scraps. Using purchased or made crochet circles, layer crochet circle, large die-cut fabric flower, and lucite flower with bead on center. Hand-sew flowers together using needle and thread for total of four layered flowers, alternating beads, buttons, and flowers as desired. Set aside.
- 3. For flower yo-yos, cut 6" diameter circle from hemlock, freesia, or cayenne fabric scraps. Hand-sew running stitch 1/8" from edges around circle; pull threads to gather circle into yo-yo shape. Center crochet circle on top of yo-yo and button on top of crochet circle; hand-sew to attach layers together. Repeat process, creating four total yo-yos with flower and button centers. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 4. Die cut ferns from hemlock blue paper.
- 5. Hot glue layered flowers and ferns onto wreath as shown.
- 1. Make 5-1/2"x8" side-fold card from white cardstock. Round corners.
- 2. Cut cayenne floral paper slightly smaller than card front. Round corners. Cut panel of pale hemlock striped paper. Round two top corners. Ink edges of both papers, blending color softly inward.
- 3. Carefully distress papers using sandpaper.
- 4. Adhere ribbon between paper panels using double-sided tape. Attach paper panel to front of white cardstock using double-sided tape.
- 5. Ink freesia doily with sponge loaded with yellow ink, then with another sponge loaded with Vintage Photo ink. Let dry. Attach doily to card front over ribbon using glue dot. Attach crochet circle over doily with glue dot.
- 6. Draw stitches on hemlock button. Adhere to top of crochet circle using tacky glue.
- 7. Cut small pale hemlock striped paper tag. Round corners. Ink edges with Vintage Photo ink; sand center until lightly distressed. Stamp "for you" on center. Draw border around words using marker.
- 8. Mat tag onto cayenne floral paper. Round corners. Adhere to card front on angle. Tie ribbon bow; adhere to tag using glue dot.
- 1. Cut small white cardstock tag. Cut top corners at angle.
- 2. Cut cayenne floral paper same size as tag; cut top corners at angle. Ink edges with Vintage Photo ink.
- 3. Cut small rectangle from cayenne striped paper. Ink edges and sand center of both papers to distress.
- 4. Adhere ribbon over join in papers; tuck ends onto back. Adhere papers to tag. Adhere pale cayenne satin bow to ribbon using glue dot.
- 5. Die cut medium daisy flower from pale hemlock striped paper. Ink edges; attach flower to card using glue dot.
- 6. Thread cayenne cotton floss through holes in button; tie into knot. Adhere to flower center.
- 7. Punch hole on tag end using hole punch. Thread hemlock ribbon through hole; knot ends.