Pattern - Country Halloween Pillow
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut each of the "Halloween" letters from a different homespun fabric.
- 2. Use perle cotton to sew a small running stitch around letters close to edges, including eyes and mouth on jack-o- lantern.
- 3. Use perle cotton to sew button to top of jack-o-lantern stem.
- 4. Pin 13-1/4" square to back of appliquéd front square with right sides facing out. (Note: There should be 1/8" of backing fabric showing around edge of front.)
- 5. Use perle cotton to sew a small running stitch around fabric squares 1/2" from edge of front side, leaving bottom edge opening. (Note: Knot thread ends on inside.)
- 6. Place form into stitched pillow squares, stuffing inside corners if needed. Continue sewing running stitch across bottom, 1/2" from edge, to close pillow.
- 7. Pull on thread edges around letters and pillow for a worn look.