Country Chic Table Runner
Bring the charm and comfort of a sunny afternoon into your dining room with the stylish designs on this country chic table runner.
- Cotton solid fabrics: grey, 1/2 yd.; white (piecing/backing), 1-7/8 yd.
- Coordinating cotton print fabric, 1/2 yd. (Note: Purchase additional fabric if matching large symmetrical design)
- Coordinating tassels, 3-1/2” long, two
- Gold buttons with shanks, 1”, two
- The Warm & White Co. Needled Cotton Batting, 28”x63”
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Lucite ruler
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Needles: embroidery; sewing
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, using a 1/4" seam allowance, pinning and pressing as needed. Code for Table Runner Diagram: plain white squares and strips indicate white fabric; squares and strips with dots indicate print fabric; squares and strips with diagonal lines indicate grey fabric.
- Table Runner
- 1. From print fabric, cut three 5-1/2" squares and two 5-1/2"x25-1/2" strips. From solid white fabric, cut two 5-1/2" squares, two 5-1/2"x15-1/2" strips, and two 5-1/2"x25-1/2" strips. From grey fabric, cut four 5-1/2"x15-1/2" strips, and two 5-1/2"x25-1/2" strips.
- 2. Following diagram, sew 5-1/2" white squares to top and bottom of 5-1/2" print square. Sew 15-1/2" white strips to sides of print square. Sew 15-1/2" grey strips to sides of assembled square. Sew 25-1/2" grey strips to top and bottom of assembled square. Sew 25-1/2" print strips to top and bottom of assembled square. Sew 25-1/2" white strips to long edges of print strips. Sew 15-1/2" grey strips to center of long edges of white strips. Sew 5-1/2" print squares to center of long edges of grey strips.
- 3. Trim ends of assembled runner diagonally, following dashed lines on diagram.
- 4. Cut runner shape from backing fabric and batting. Baste batting to wrong side of runner. Sew backing to runner 1/4" from edges, leaving 8" opening on one side for turning. Trim seam at points of runner. Turn runner right side out. Hand sew opening closed. Sew buttons and tassel loops to points of runner.