Box Corner Zipper Bag
- docrafts Papermania Capsule Collection Spots & Stripes Pastels Fat Quarters
- Zipper of choice
- docrafts Xcut Dressmaker Shears, 9”
- Sewing machine with zipper foot and matching thread
- chalk pencil, iron with pressing cloth and pressing surface, ruler
- 1. With right sides together, position closed zipper along piece of fabric cut to length of zipper and as wide as required circumference of bag.
- 2. Using zipper foot, machine-sew one side of zipper to fabric edge. Press seam back.
- 3. Using regular foot, topstitch zipper. When nearing zipper pull, leave needle down in fabric, lift foot, and maneuver zipper pull past foot.
- 4. Fold fabric, with right sides together, and repeat Steps 2 and 3 on other side of zipper.
- 5. Keeping right sides together, fold bag flat with zipper in center.
- 6. Open zipper. Straight stitch across bag close to zipper stops at both ends of zipper, sewing back and forth across zipper section several times. Trim off excess fabric.
- 7. Pinch bag corners, lining up end seam with side of bag. Measure 2" in from corners; mark with chalk pencil.
- 8. Machine-sew along marked lines on all four corners; cut off excess fabric.
- 9. Turn bag right side out.
- 1. For an easy and quick start, simply make the box the same length as the zipper.