The Ultimate Monogrammed Beach Tote
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- Natural/Denim Large Fashion Tote, 16”x22” (Loew-Cornell/Innovo)
- Simply Spray (Deval Products): Soft Fabric Paints: Brite Pink; Green Apple, two cans; Stencil Paint! Spray Paint for Apparel: Black
- Green gingham ribbon, 1/4”, 2-1/2 yds.
- Alphabet stencils, 2” tall
- Stencil adhesive spray
- Craft Bond Fabric & Paper Glue (Elmer’s)
- Masking tape
- Large plastic bags (to protect work area)
- Paper (to mask and stuff tote)
- Paper towels
- Washing machine and dryer
- Optional: Iron and pressing board
- 1. Wash and dry tote without fabric softener. Iron if desired.
- 2. Stuff tote firmly with paper so it stands upright. Mask denim areas of tote. Use paper and masking tape to completely cover tote panels to the left and right of handles, leaving center panel exposed.
- 3. Protect work surface with garbage bags. Place tote on bags. Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray paint back and forth over center panel with Brite Pink. Let dry. Repeat on back center panel. Quick Tip: Practice spraying on fabric scrap or paper for best results.
- 4. Mask pink center panels and spray paint remaining panels Green Apple.
- 5. Cut desired letters from stencil sheet, leaving 1/8" border around each letter. Use stencil adhesive to adhere stencils to center panel. Use masking tape to secure stencils to tote and to mask any areas between stencils. Tape paper all around stencil edges to mask remaining tote areas.
- 6. Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray over stencil until desired coverage is achieved. Use paper towel to lightly dab excess paint from stencils. Remove stencils and let paint dry.
- 7. Cut ribbon lengths to fit handles. Turn ribbon ends under and glue to center of each handle.