- Tan heavy cotton fabric, 1 yd.
- Ribbon: orange dot, 1”, 2 yds.; brown fabric, 1-1/2”, 2-1/4 yds.; brown/ivory stripe, 3/8”, 1 yd.
- Yellow/gold twill tape, 5/8”, 1 yd.
- Yellow medium rickrack, 1 yd.
- White pearl buttons, 1/2”, nine
- Black snaps, 5/16”, 17
- No-roll elastic, 1/2”, 18” length
- Sewing machine
- Sewing threads: tan; white; black
- Safety pin
- 1. Cut 30"x 28" fabric rectangle. Turn bottom long edge over 1/2" toward wrong side. Fold bottom edge over another 3" for hem. Sew close to turned edge.
- 2. Place assorted ribbon, rickrack, and twill tape lengths across bottom of skirt, covering hem stitching. Lightly mark ribbon lines on apron with pencil to keep ribbon straight when sewing (use ruler to measure lines from bottom edge). Sew ribbon to apron close to finished edges. Sew through center of rickrack. Trim ribbon ends even with fabric rectangle edges.
- 3. Turn side edges of fabric rectangles over 1/4" to back. Turn side edges over 1/4" to back again. Sew along sides close to turned edges.
- 4. Turn top edge of rectangle over 1/2". Fold top edge over another 1" for casing. Sew close to turned edge. Sew 1"-wide ribbon across front of casing along finished edges, turning ends over 1/2" to wrong side of ribbon.
- 5. Insert elastic through casing, using a safety pin. Sew through elastic at ends of casing to secure it.
- 6. Cut two 25" lengths from 1-1/2"-wide ribbon. Make a tuck at one end of each ribbon piece and sew to back of casing at sides for apron ties.
- 7. Sew white buttons across center of brown ribbon with black thread, spacing 3" apart. Sew black snaps across center of twill tape with white thread, spacing 1-1/2" apart.