Tea Stained Stocking Ornament
size: 4" tall
- White cotton fabric scraps
- Shimmery red fabric scraps
- Rubber Stamps (Sparkle N Sprinkle): Dotty Flake, Fancy Flake, Dark Flake 2
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Butter; Alizarin Crimson
- Flat lace
- Red velvet ribbon
- Natural colored twill
- Family-sized tea bag
- Small glass bowl
- Pinking shears
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. Boil water and pour 1-1/2 cups of water over family sized tea bag in small glass bowl; add fabric and let sit. Once fabric reaches desired color, remove from tea and hang to dry. Use Butter and Alizarin Crimson paints to stamp snowflakes randomly over fabric. Let dry.
- 2. Fold fabric in half. Place pattern on fabric, trace lightly with pencil, making sure to transfer dotted line. Use pinking shears to cut out pattern and a 2"x2" square from shimmery red fabric. Machine sew zigzag stitches to sew small patch over heel of stocking pieces. Place stocking pieces right sides together and sew using 1/4" seam allowance. Fold down along dotted edge and sew top down. Turn right sides out.
- 3. Measure outer dimension of stocking and cut a length of velvet ribbon and flat lace. Hot glue trim around top of stocking; and small loop of twill to top right edge.