Stencilled Ring Pillow
size: 8" square
- Lt. green silk fabric, 1/4 yd.
- Tan leather narrow cord, 24” length
- Beads of choice (Note: Designer used brown seed beads, tan glass E beads, pearl beads, and 12mm green glass beads)
- Americana Acrylic Paints: Mississippi Mud (DecoArt)
- Pearlizing Medium (DecoArt)
- Simply Stencils Mini Laser Medallion stencil (28024) (Plaid)
- Warm & White needled cotton batting (The Warm™ Company)
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Lt. green sewing thread and needle
- Beading thread
- 1. Cut two 8-1/2" squares each from fabric and batting. Baste batting squares to fabric squares along edges.
- 2. Mix equal parts Pearlizing medium with Mississippi Mud; stencil medallions diagonally in each corner and center of pillow front. (Note: To stencil, dip dry round stencil brush in paint, wipe on paper towel until almost dry, then swirl brush over stencil.)
- 3. Sew pillow front to back with right sides together, 1/4" from edges, leaving 4" opening on one side for turning. Clip corners; turn right side out.
- 4. For corner bead droplets, thread needle with beading thread. Insert needle through pillow corner, going from inside to outside. Thread beads onto needle as desired with small bead at bottom. Bring needle back through bead holes, except bottom bead. Thread should be at top of first bead and pulled taut so there are no spaces between beads. Insert needle back through pillow corner to inside. Knot thread ends on inside.
- 5. Stuff pillow. Hand sew opening closed.
- 6. Tie knots in leather cord, 2" from ends. String beads onto cord. Tie knots in cord at bottom of beads. Trim cord ends 1/2" from knots. Tie knot in center of cord. Sew knot in center of cord to pillow center (stitches should go through to pillow back).