Stamped Pillow & Stockings Ensemble
- Designer fabric (Michael Miller Fabrics)
- White fabric
- White satin ribbon
- Bold Curls stamp set (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Palette Metallics Ink Pads (Stewart Superior): Crimson Polish; Sterling Silver
- Cotton batting
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Iron and pressing board
- Pressing cloth
- 1. For stocking pattern, trace around previously-owned stocking or tall sock onto plain paper; cut out. Use pattern to cut two stocking shapes each from white fabric, designer fabric and cotton batting.
- 2. For cuff, cut two 5-1/2 "-long strips from designer fabric to same width as stocking.
- 3. Use Crimson Polish and Sterling Silver inks to stamp Bold Curls on white stocking panels. Cover with pressing cloth. Using iron to heat set ink. With right sides facing out, pin white stocking front to batting and stitch together in 2" increments to create a diagonal pattern.
- 4. With right sides together, sew bottom of cuff to white stocking panel. Press cuff up towards top of stocking. For hanger, cut 4" length from white satin ribbon; fold in half and pin ends to top left edge of stocking panel.
- 5. With right sides together, stitch stocking front to back stitching folded ribbon at top seam to secure hanger.
- 6. Turn right sides out, fold down top edge, press and use blind stitch to finish.
- 1. Cut 6-1/2"x16" panel from white fabric, two 5-1/2"x16" panels from designer fabric and one 16" square from designer fabric.
- 2. Use Crimson Polish and Sterling Silver ink to stamp Bold Curls on white panels. Cover with pressing cloth. Use iron to heat set ink.
- 3. With right sides together and using 1/4" seam allowance, sew two side panels to center white panel. Press seams towards dark fabric.
- 4. With right sides together, sew pillow front to back, leaving 4" opening along one side for turning. Turn right sides out through opening and press. Stuff; hand sew opening closed.