Pattern - Squeaking Alligator Dog Toy
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut two gator shapes and one snout from canvas. Pin snout to one gator piece as indicated on pattern. Stitch along dashed lines. Fold snout over toward front of mouth, placing squeaker between canvas layers. Baste around edge of snout to secure squeaker.
- 2. Cut four gator shapes from batting. Baste two batting shapes to back of each canvas shape.
- 3. Place gator shapes together in pairs with right sides facing in. Sew gator shapes across back, 1/4" from edges. Turn shapes so right sides are facing out.
- 4. Cut one mouth shape from faux fur. Pin mouth to gator shapes with right sides together, matching large dots. Sew both sides of mouth to gator shapes separately, stitching to large dots. Sew sides of gator shapes together, beginning at dots and ending at back. Machine sew zigzag stitch over side seams if desired. Turn gator right side out.
- 5. Cut six spikes from canvas. Sew spikes together in pairs along dashed lines. Trim seam at top point. Turn right side out. Stuff spikes. Turn raw edges under 1/4" and whipstitch. Hand sew spikes to center top of gator.
- 6. For eyes, cut two 4" circles from faux fur. Sew a basting stitch around circles close to edges, leaving thread ends long. Stuff circles. Pull basting stitches tightly to gather; knot. Sew open end of circles to gator in front of spikes. Cut two 1" black felt circles; hand sew around edges to fur eyes.
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, 1/4" from edges, pinning and pressing as needed.