Pattern - Sock Monkey Jar
- 1. For head, cut sock 2-3/4" from toe. Stuff toe. Place sock on jar lid and glue cut edge of sock to side of lid.
- 2. For face, print and cut out pattern. Cut face from tan felt. Transfer details. Stem stitch mouth. Make French knots on nostrils, wrapping pearl cotton around needle once for each knot. Glue face to head, leaving space at bottom for ribbon. Sew running stitch around face close to edge. Glue eyes to face.
- 3. For ear, cut 1-1/2" tan felt circle; cut in half. With halves together, sew running stitch close to round edges of ear. Sew ear to side of head, using tan thread and whip stitch along straight edge. Repeat for other ear.
- 4. Wrap ribbon around lid under face, gluing and overlapping ends in back. Tie a separate piece of ribbon into a bow. Trim bow ends even. Sew button to bow center with black pearl cotton, attaching it to right front side of ribbon on lid.
- 5. Print or write message on cardstock. Cut tag shape around message. Punch hole in tag; attach eyelet. Thread orange thread through eyelet and tie around button. Fill jar as desired.
- 1. Use one strand of black pearl cotton for all embroidery and running stitches throughout.