Sock Baby Doll
size: 7-1/2" tall
- Women’s ankle socks: pink, one pair; blue; green
- Felt: tan; brown
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC): Med. Electric Blue (996); Lt. Plum (3607); Black (310); Lt. Parrot Green (907)
- Sewing needle and pink thread
- Crafter’s Pick Fabric Glue (API)
Pattern - Sock Baby Doll
- 1. For baby's head, body, and legs, cut one pink sock straight across at end of foot just before heel. Make a 1-1/2" cut into center of open end for legs. Stuff sock fairly firmly to top of legs.
- 2. Turn raw edges of legs to inside and whip stitch together, leaving bottom of legs open. Add more stuffing to bottom of baby, going through legs. Stuff legs. Turn raw edges of legs under; whip stitch closed.
- 3. Wrap pink thread tightly around stuffed body several times 2" from top of toe and knot to make indentation for neck.
- 4. For face, insert threaded needle through head from back of neck. Use six strands of Med. Electric Blue floss to make French knots for eye dots, wrapping thread around needle three times for each knot. Use six strands Lt. Plum floss to straight stitch mouth.
- 5. Cut 2" section from remaining pink sock. Cut section in half to make arms. Turn raw edges of arms to inside and whip stitch together, leaving one side open. Stuff arms. Whip stitch remaining side together. Sew arms to top sides of body with unstitched edges at top.
- 6. For sweater, cut blue sock straight across at end of foot just before the heel. Cut across top of toe to make a hole large enough for head. Cut slits at sweater sides long enough for arms. Roll edges of armholes under and use Lt. Parrot Green floss to sew running stitch around edges. Roll edges of neck and bottom of sweater toward front; use Lt. Parrot Green floss to sew basting stitch around edges.
- 7. Print and cut out pattern. Cut one 1" circle and two 1/2" circles from tan felt. Cut one 1-1/2" brown felt circle. Glue circles together, then to sweater for monkey face, following pattern. Use Black floss to: sew running stitch close to edges of felt circles; make French knots for eyes, wrapping floss around needle three times for each knot; sew straight stitch for mouth.
- 8. For hood, cut green sock straight across at end of foot just before heel. Top of sock is hood. Roll raw edges of hood toward front; use Med. Electric Blue floss to sew basting stitch around edges. Place hood on head (finished top of edge of sock wraps around neck). Glue bottom of hood over top of sweater to secure clothing to baby.
- 1. Use pink thread to sew baby's body. Use two strands floss for all running stitches, and monkey eyes and nose.