Sew Easy Chair Cover
- FOR EACH CHAIR COVER:
- White heavyweight decorator fabric, 45” or 54”, approximately 1 yd.
- White twill tape, 18” lengths, four
- Warm & White needled cotton batting (The Warm Company)
- Sewing machine with white thread
- Sewing needle
- Large sheet of tracing paper (for pattern)
- Straight pins
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. For seat pattern, place tracing paper on chair seat; draw shape of chair on paper. Add 3/8" seam allowance to all four sides of seat pattern. Cut two pattern shapes from fabric and one from batting. Baste batting shape to wrong side of one fabric shape.
- 2. For side panels, cut four rectangles from fabric 9" wide by length of each side of seat pattern. (Note: If chair has wide back, allow for wood on back on each panel. To do this, cut front rectangle as described. Cut side and back rectangles so they butt up to sides of chair, adding 3/8" seam allowance at both ends.)
- 3. Fold panel rectangles in half to make 4-1/2"-wide panels. Sew short sides of panels 3/8" from edges. Trim seams at stitched corners. Turn panels right side out. Sew raw edges of panels to front sides of fabric/batting chair seat, leaving 3/8" at ends.
- 4. Sew fabric chair seats together 3/8" from edges with right sides facing in, leaving 5" opening along one side for turning. Trim seams at corners. Turn right side out. Hand sew opening closed.
- 5. Sew center of each piece of twill tape to a corner of the chair seat on the back side. Place fabric chair seat on chair. Wrap twill tape securely around legs and tie underneath chair.
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, 3/8" from edges, pinning and pressing as needed.