Ribbon-Edged Bridal Vein
- White tulle, 72”-wide, 1 yd.
- White satin ribbon, 5/8”, 4 yds.
- Swarovski Crystal Innovations Seven Metal Sliders Rectangle (Pure Allure)
- Clear hair comb, 2-3/4”
- White quilting thread
- Sewing machine and white sewing thread
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Fold tulle in half to make a 36" square with fold on right side. Using Fig. 1 as guide, cut tulle 36" from top right corner to round corners so veil cascades at sides. Quick Tip: Work on a cardboard surface. Draw measurements on cardboard. Place tulle on top of measurements and cut.
- 2. Open up tulle. Machine sew ribbon along rounded edge of tulle. (Note: Sew along edge of ribbon, overlapping edge of tulle.)
- 3. Use double strand of quilting thread to sew long whip stitches over top straight edge of tulle. Pull stitches tightly to gather and knot to secure gathering.
- 4. Use double strand of quilting thread to sew veil to comb. To do this, bring thread through gathered edge of tulle, around the spine of the comb and between the teeth. Tulle should be on bottom side of comb if crystals are going to be attached or top of comb if crystals are not going to be attached.
- 5. To attach crystals to comb, thread needle with double strand of quilting thread. Insert needle through holes on one side of seven crystals. Trim thread, leaving ends long on both sides of crystals. Repeat for remaining side of crystals. Knot thread together on both ends of crystals to secure crystal strand. Glue crystal strand across top of comb. Secure threads at ends of crystals to back of comb.