Pattern - Rag Doll Ballerina Ornament
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer dashed outline of doll to one fabric square. Stack fabric squares together; machine sew along dashed line using small stitch. Cut out, 1/8" from stitching. Cut back of stitched doll along straight lines above legs. (Note: Separate layers and snip back side only, then make cut.)
- 2. Stuff arms and legs. Sew along dashed lines around middle section of body to separate arms and legs. Stuff rest of doll. Hand sew opening in back closed.
- 3. Paint doll two coats Hi-Lite Flesh, letting dry between coats. Trim fayed edges of fabric with scissors. Paint middle body section (leotard) and 3/8" at bottoms of legs (slippers) on both sides, Peony Pink; let dry. Paint Rose Pearl over Peony Pink areas. Transfer face. Paint cheek circles Rose Pearl. Paint triangle nose Pumpkin. Use end of paintbrush to dot eyes Lamp Black. Use marker to draw dotted line for mouth. Glue rhinestones to cheeks.
- 4. Remove labels from floss skein. Cut 6" length and tie around skein center. Glue skein across top of head with tie at center. Wrap and glue skein over to back and up over head for bun. Glue silver ribbon around hair.
- 5. Wrap pink ribbon around wrists; tie bows. Wrap pink ribbon around slippers, then around front and back twice; tie bows in front. Dab bows with glue to secure.
- 6. Fold tulle in half lengthwise. Sew basting stitch along fold, close to edge. Pull stitches to gather. Wrap around doll's waist; sew ends together in back, and glue to secure. (Note: Pull most of gathering toward front, and separate tulle layers to make tutu more full.)
- 7. For hanger, but 10" pink ribbon length; fold in half. Sew ribbon ends to back of neck.