Pattern - Pretty Pleated Apron
- 1. For apron, cut 16-1/2" (height) x 24-1/2" (width) rectangle from print and solid fabrics. Fold rectangles in half, making 16-1/2"x12-1/4" rectangles. Print and cut out pattern. Pin scallop pattern to bottom of folded rectangle and cut out scallops for bottom apron edge. For waistband, cut 3-1/2"x21-1/2" rectangle.
- 2. Sew piping to bottom of apron, 1/4" from scalloped edge. (Note: Clip piping seam before sewing.)
- 3. Pin apron and lining rectangles together with right sides facing. Sew 1/4" from side and bottom edges, sewing along piping seam at bottom. Trim seam around scallops, 1/8" from stitching and clip seam at points. Turn apron right side out.
- 4. Stitching and clip seam at points. Turn apron right side out. 4 Mark top of apron 5" in from both sides and then 6-1/2" in from both sides. Make a 1/2" pleat between pins on both sides. Make a 1/2" pleat between pins on both sides and baste.
- 5. Cut two 47" ribbon lengths. Baste ends of ribbon to short sides of waistband for ties. (Note: Finished edge of ribbon should be at center of short side.) Fold waistband in half lengthwise with right side facing in. Sew waistband sides 1/4" from edges. Trim seams at corners. Turn waistband right side out.
- 6. Sew one raw edge of waistband to top of apron with right sides together. Turn remaining edge of waistband under 1/4" and sew close to turned edge to finish waistband.
- 7. Put apron on. Wrap ribbons around back and bring ends to front; tie bow. Trim ends as needed.
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides together, using 1/4" seam allowance, pinning and pressing as needed.