size: 16"x22" (with handle)
- Bath towels: fuchsia; orange
- Clear vinyl, 8” square
- Chenille By The Inch*: Pumpkin (Fabric Café)
- Chenille By The Inch Cutting Guide*
- Chenille Brush*
- Double Point Disappearing Ink Marking Pen (Simplicity)
- Sewing machine and matching threads
- Spray bottle with water
- Cutting surface
- Straight pins
- *Products by Fabric Café
- 1. Wash and dry towels. For front and back, cut two 15"x16-1/2" rectangles from fuchsia towel.
- 2. Fold towel under 1" along one of 16-1/2" sides, fold towel under 1". Machine sew zigzag stitch, 1" from fold. Repeat with second rectangle to complete top edge of front and back pieces. Set aside.
- 3. For straps, cut two 4-1/2"x50" orange towel lengths. Fold one strap in half lengthwise. Sew along 50" side, leaving ends open. Turn right side out to complete one 2-1/2"-wide strap. Repeat for remaining strap.
- 4. Pin one strap to front piece. Begin stitching strap at bottom. Continue stitching through entire strap, following line of free portion of strap. Repeat along opposite edge.
- 5. Sew strap to back tote piece in same way. Set aside.
- 6. Use marking pen to draw 6" circle on center front of bag. Place vinyl square under front tote piece, making sure it covers circle. Pin in place. With tote right side up, top stitch circle.
- 7. Carefully cut away towel inside stitched circle to reveal vinyl.
- 8. Follow manufacturer's instructions to stitch two rows of Chenille By The Inch™ around circle.
- 9. Fluff with water bottle and Chenille Brush.
- 10. With right sides together, sew front and back pieces together, using 1/2" seam allowance. Clip corners; turn right side out.
- 1. Use 1/4" seam allowance unless otherwise indicated.