Felted Easter Eggs
sizes: 3-1/2" tall; 2-5/16" tall; 2-1/2" tall; 2-1/4" tall
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam Eggs: 3-1/2”; 2-5/16”; 2-1/2”; 2-1/4” (Dow)
- Shaded Wisps Needle Felt (National Nonwovens): Pastel Pack: Cotton Candy, Buttercup, Robin’s Egg, Pistachio Ice Cream, Purple Sage; Natural
- Beads, 5 mm: pink; clear
- Black head straight pins, two
- Needle felt needle
- Needle (5”) and white thread
- Craft knife
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to needle felt base colors, completely covering eggs as shown, or as desired.
- 2. For polka dots, roll small wisps of felt into soft 3/4" circles; space evenly on egg and felt in place.
- 3. For basket weave pattern, needle felt 1/4"-wide strips vertically from top to bottom of egg, spacing evenly. Felt 1/4"-wide strips, evenly spaced, around width of egg.
- 4. For swirls, arrange 1/4" strips onto egg in swirl pattern, until satisfied with placement; felt in place.
- 5. For rosettes, make 1/2" pink felt circles and place evenly spaced on egg, leaving room for leaves; felt in place. For leaves, fold 1" green felt strip in half; felt in place next to rosette.
- 6. For beads, thread beads onto thread using long sewing needle. Stitch beads in place by pulling needle through to opposite side of egg.
- Needlefelting Tips
- 1. Never bend needles.
- 2. Needles come in sizes; lower numbers are thicker and cause larger holes in the base fabric.
- 3. Use thicker needles (lower numbers) to begin a project; use finer needles (higher numbers) for detail work.
- 4. Work pattern area in a straight line.
- 5. Use straight up-and-down motion to felt design.