Celebrate one of the most beautiful seasons and call to mind bountiful hedgerows and colorful leaves. It is the best stash buster around - dive through your fabric scraps and craft collection for embellishments, too.
- Grapevine wreath, 11” diameter
- Autumn-colored and print cotton fabrics, scraps
- Natural wooden beads
- Rusty craft wire
- Chipwood letters: F, A, L, L
- Quilt batting, scraps: thin, off-white cotton
- Thread: off-white quilting, black sewing
- Embroidery needle
- Wire cutters
- DecoArt Traditions Flat Paintbrush #10
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Persimmon, Antique Gold, Georgia Clay; Duraclear Satin Varnish; Light Mocha Texture Crackle
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- newspaper (to cover work surface), scissors, pencil, cardstock, straight pins, ruler, wooden dowel
Pattern - Fall Wreath
- 1. Wreath is 11" in diameter.
- Fall Wreath
- 1. On covered work surface, paint wooden beads using acrylic paints. Let dry. Apply satin varnish. Let dry.
- 2. Print out and cut out patterns from cardstock. Trace and cut out leaves from print fabrics, thin batting, and off-white cotton batting.
- 3. Position off-white batting on work surface with scrap of thin quilt batting and fabric leaf on top. Pin on center. Use running stitch and quilting thread to hand-sew outline around leaf and down center vein line. Repeat process for all fabric leaves. Knot and clip thread ends.
- 4. Apply layer of Light Mocha medium onto chipboard letters. Let dry.
- 5. Use black sewing thread to hand-sew letters onto bottom edge of wreath by inserting needle through top edge and around twig wreath. Spot glue edges using glue gun. Let set. Apply second coat of Light Mocha medium on letters. Let dry.
- 6. Adhere leaves around wreath as desired using hot glue gun.
- 7. Cut 12" wire length using wire cutters. Curl length around wooden dowel. Thread painted bead on wire end; spot glue using glue gun. Bend wire end and insert back through bead. Let set. Wrap other end of wire around twig wreath. Repeat process, attaching all beads on wire lengths onto wreath around leaves. Cut 15" wire lengths and curl as before. Attach curled wire lengths on wreath as desired.
- 1. Create a variety of curled wire lengths by using various household objects like a flashlight, marker, or pen.