Fabric & Shell Coasters
size: 4" square
- Lightweight cotton fabrics in four or more coordinating blue prints, 4-1/2” squares, two per coaster
- Shell buttons with two holes, 1/2”, 12 per coaster
- Blue craft thread or embroidery floss
- Warm & White needled cotton batting (The Warm Co.)
- Blue sewing thread
- Aleene’s OK To Wash-It Fabric Glue (Duncan)
- Large eye sewing or embroidery needle
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Cut 4-1/2" batting square. Baste batting to back of fabric square.
- 2. With right sides facing, sew same color fabric squares together, leaving 2" opening on one side for turning. Trim corners. Turn right side out. Hand sew opening closed.
- 3. To attach buttons, thread needle with one strand craft thread or six strands floss. Insert needle through holes in one button with ends on back side. Double knot thread on back of button. Insert needle through corner of coaster close to edge. Double knot thread behind button. Trim thread ends 1/4" to 3/8" from knot. Continue to sew buttons evenly spaced around coaster (one at each corner and two on each side).
- 4. Apply dab of glue on each knot to secure.