Decorator Fabric Cell Phone Holder
size: 3" square
- Cotton decorator fabric of choice, 1/8 yd.
- Coordinating grosgrain ribbon, 7/8”, 1/2 yd.
- White flat button, 5/8”
- Silver snap, 1/2”
- Silver beads: glass bugle, 1/4”; rocaille, 10/0
- Coordinating embroidery floss, 1 skein
- Warm & White needled cotton batting (The Warm Co.)
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Bead and sewing thread
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Cut two 3-1/2" squares each from fabric and batting. Baste batting squares to back of fabric squares. Sew fabric squares together with right sides facing, 1/4" from side and bottom edges. Clip corners; turn right side out.
- 2. Fold a 6-1/2" ribbon in half lengthwise. Glue one raw edge of ribbon under 1/4". Glue ribbon over top edge of pocket with ends overlapped at sides (glued end of ribbon should cover raw edge). Use three strands of floss to feather stitch through center of ribbon.
- 3. Use bead thread to sew beads to fabric design.
- 4. For strap, fold a 7-1/2" ribbon in half lengthwise. Glue raw ends of ribbon 1/4" toward inside. Sew one end of folded ribbon securely to left side of ribbon band around pocket. Use three strands floss to feather stitch through center of ribbon.
- 5. Sew button to strap end. Sew one end of snap to end of strap on opposite side of button. Sew remaining snap end to front right side of pocket under ribbon band.